question-icon

Suggest remedy for rashes in an infant

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: My 9 months old baby has got this red rashes on his body
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Allergic rashes likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the image of the rashes attached with the history.
The rashes look like allergic rashes. These are usually itchy and appear suddenly.
It can result from contact with an agent or chemical that provokes an allergic response such as a new cream,lotion,soap or detergent.It can also result from ingestion of an allergen.
To decrease the itching keep the area well moisturized using coconut oil or an odor free moisturizer like aloe vera gel. You can also give cetrizine drops after consulting his pediatrician. If the rash is gradually increasing with fever or purplish tinge then you need to consult his pediatrician for stronger prescription medicines.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN