Suggest remedy for foul smelling urine and lower back pain

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been having extremely foul smelling urine, difficulty urinating, awful lower back pain and other symptoms. I have been treated twice with Clindamycin cream as my doc thought it was bacterial but I have not been sexually active for a long time. I am chronically tired and have been a chronic pain patient for many years due to a severe bone disease. All of my joints and back have been either fused or replaced. I use methadone and dilaudid for pain. I am starting to get sharp pains in my lower back bilaterrally. The smell when I urinate is so embarrassing when I have to use a friends bathroom. What could be wrong? The pain is becoming unbearable
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms clearly indicate bacterial infection of urinary tract. Due to bacteria presence in the urine you get back pain, foul smelling urine and burning while urinating.
Cream will not help with this issue. You need to have urine analysis and antibiotic (in tablets) treatment. You should also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplements.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.