Suggest remedy for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: hi Doctor, i am 47 year old, since 3 years I am suffering with ED problem. I am a regular tobacco chewing person. kindly help me to get over of this problem.
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
quit tobacco, tadalafil.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

I can understand your concerns.

Tobacco can precipitate the problem of ED. First, I would suggest you to quit tobacco chewing.

Other common medical causes for ED are diabetes and hypertension. Hope you do not have these issues.

Drugs like tadalafil (prescription drug) should work for you. This is a safe drug. It causes short term side effects like headache, runny nose. One tablet is to be taken 2 hours before intercourse.

Kindly consult your doctor for valid prescription.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 13 hours later
Hi sir,
Thanks for the reply. I will get rid of tobacco from today. I promise. Do I go for L- Arginine tablets? Is there any side effects? In Kenya, I can get this product from Natures Bounty. Kindly advise. Is it safe to take 3 tablets per day?
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
arginine dose is 5gm/day.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Sorry for late reply.

L-arginine is to be taken 5gms a day for 6 weeks.

But there are no clinical studies to confim its efficacy with certainty.

However, there are negligible side effects. So you can take it.

Keep in touch with your doctor.

I wish you good health.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 34 hours later
Okay sir. Let me try.
I am taking viagra 100 mg, I can perform very well and able to satisfy my partner. We enjoy for an hour, but after that I feel pain in my upper neck. No headache but below the skull and in upper neck. Normally we play during the weekend only. Do you think it's normal to enjoy sex with viagra? Any medicine to remove neck pain?
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
take ibuprofen.

Detailed Answer:
Dear,
If viagra is working for you and you are enjoying intercourse with your partner, then its completely fine. There is no need to worry.

For neck pain, you can take a pain killer like ibuprofen or apply pain killer gel like volini.

Hope this helps.