Suggest remedy for dry skin on fingers
My wife is having dry skin issue . Specially in finger only. Skin gets cracks and sometime blood also come. I am sharing some of the pictures also . Pictures are attached in profile.
Moisturiser and Steroid+Salicylic acid ointment
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the images. I can see dry, scaly, red plaques with cracking/ fissuring.
I would keep a possibility of eczematous dermatitis/ plaque psoriasis.
I would suggest her to use a moisturising cream e.g Ureativ - 20% cream or Amylac cream, twice daily.
Over the moisturiser, she may use a topical steroid + salicylic acid combination ointment, specificaly for the patches e.g Halovate- S ointment Or Halox -s Ointment, twice daily.
These are prescription medications and I suggest that she uses them under supervision of a dermatologist in your vicinity.
As per my understanding we need to use below two ointments-
Amylac cream or Ureativ 20%
2. Halovate- S ointment Or Halox -s Ointment
second one we need to apply on top of first one.
Am I correct ?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe dry skin remedies
- Home remedy for dry skin on legs
- Suggest remedy for extremly dry skin
- Suggest remedy for dry skin
- Menopausal dry skin remedies
- Dry skin with stomach burn pain remedy for dry skin
- Suggest treatment for dry skin
- Remedies for extremely dry skin
- Remedies dry skin on face
- Dry skin on feet home remedies