Suggest remedy for constipation
Thank you for your time and effort.
constipation with fecal impaction is the likely possibility of hard stool.
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
From the facts you have posted here,it seems you are having constipation with passing of hard stools.
Means there is likely possibility of constipation with fecal impaction as you have only 2 or 3 bowels movements per week.
For this, I would suggest you to take plenty of water, foods like vegetables, fruits, and leafy vegetables on every day as it will make your stool bulky and soft by retaining water in it thus leading to easy passage of stool.
And also make a HABIT of going to toilet everyday as if you skip bowel motion for one day, the retained stool becomes hard on the next day.
Take antacids like pantoprazole or esomeprazole (Nexium) before half an hour of meal with digestive enzymes (Unienzyme) which are available over the counter. It will be helpful for digestion and if you have gastric upset due to fast foods.
Or it is always better to avoid fast foods and cold drinks.
Even after trying this if you still have difficulty in passing stool,you can take stool softeners like syrup lactulose or cremaffin plus 3 TSF at bed time to have soft and effortless bowel motions in the morning.You can consult to your doctor for the prescription.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Sandip Kabra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for severe constipation
- Babies constipation remedies
- Imodium constipation remedies
- Adderall remedy for constipation
- Toddler constipation remedies
- Natural remedies for constipation
- Suggest remedy for constipation when having piles
- Suggest remedy for hard stool due to constipation
- Severe constipation in toddlers remedies
- Propafenone constipation remedies