Suggest remedy for chest pain and dehydration

Posted on Mon, 6 Jul 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: dr erroneously fired me high dose meds, chest pain and dehydration, I live alone will hospital make me comfortable or miserable. reported doc to doh now nobody will see me, I feel like I am at end of life and trying to prove a point, confused?

I have also gone from 147 lbs to last wght 97lbs w/I 3 months, have adnexal mass, enlarged kidney with cyst, 3 spleens, infiltrated liver, infiltrative myositis body inclusive vs MS, neoplasm of cecum, erosive gastritis, gerd hiatal hernia, fibromyalgia and many I have forgotten. hypertension, sob, abscess tooth, failed cervical laminectomy, I can not feel when I have to urinate going 24 hrs w/o voiding. ugh! cant wait 24 hrs, I just want to know if the hospital will not treat me as I know they think pain meds make ppl drug seekers. I do not want to go if I am going to get hydrated and discharged. Until I am strong enough to finish with the doh, I do not feel I will get proper help. Small town, I have worked with half of the doctors he put on list to see, the others are in jail, he was to seamlessly make his retirement easy, I am not the only one he has done this too. I guess if u don't know big deal waste of $15, if you do know I thank you in advance but honestly not sure that I am able to wait tooo long, hyperhidrosis of head and neck now temp. 95.7
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very rarely do I read about miserable hospitalisation...

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry to know about your problems. From what you described, you believe there was accidental overdosage leading to chest pain and dehydration. It would have been better if you specified what drug was high dosed.

In the background I read you have multiple medical conditions listed. Gastritis, GERD and hiatal hernia are known to cause recurring chest pain. And at hospital it is regularly treated with proton pump inhibitor drugs administered as iv infusion. This iv infusion is quite similar to routine iv fluid, therefore I don't think you will only have hydration and discharge should you consider visiting the hospital.

Further every hospitalisation will involve evaluation of present clinical symptoms, vital sign recording and management. Therefore I don't think hospitalisation is unworthy.

So if you feel you are still troubled with chest pain and dehydration you can consider hospitalisation without doubts of becoming miserable. Alternatively over the counter antacids may be used at home and see if you get better.

I look forward to name of the medicine which was accidentally over dosed.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad