• question-icon

Suggest remedies for tingling and numbness in foot post an injury

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I stubbed my big toe just over a week ago and heard a crack, have been unable to move it at all, and cannot put pressure on it. I know that I broke it although the swelling has not gone down, it is starting to discolor, it tingles and burns. The past day, my entire foot is now tingling and numb and when I walk it feels as if the bone on top of my foot (connecting to the big toe) is bending and feels as if it is going to snap out of my skin. How quickly do I need to get an x-ray?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to get x ray as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you should get a foot x ray as soon as possible as delaying x ray is not going to help. Meanwhile you should not put your weight on affected side. Also do ice application and take Brufen tablet for pain relief. DICLOFENAC gel local application will also be helpful.

If there is any fracture on x rays then you need to splint the toes. It can be done by plaster or buddy splinting. I hope this answer is useful to you. Let me know if there are any other followup questions.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 12 minutes later
Thank you very much! I have no follow up questions, just was looking for a definitive answer as to what I should do and how quickly!
Thank you again, you have been very helpful!
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wish you a fast recovery

Detailed Answer:
I wish you a fast and speedy recovery. Please review my answer. And thank for using healthcare magic.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement