Suggest remedies for swollen feet post an injury

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell this past Saturday, went down on my knee which is already in pain from where & tear plus arthritis.
But, I really injured my foot as well. Had xrays, no fracture, but my foot is killing me! The swelling is awful & the top of my foot is inflamed & feels like it's going to burst every time I walk on it. There's also some redness that's super sensitive to the touch. Is there possibly something else going on? When I push down on my skin with my finger, it's like memory foam, the indentation stays put. I have an appt with a foot specialist on Monday.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
immobilization required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM,

Although, there is no fracture, i think that cast immobilization is required for 5-7 days. You should also keep leg elevated, apply cold compresses, take Ibuprofen 2x400 mg for next 3 days and rest. It may persist for even 2 weeks. If longer, then you need to get done MRI scan.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. If you have further questions feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina