Suggest remedies for severe hair fall

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been facing heavy hair fall since last one year and now the side forehead corners have started looking like bald. Want to get my hair back. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Various suggestions for improvements in hair fall.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the hairfall since 1 year. It is quite common process in males of your age group.

After diligently analyzing your complete query I can make out that you have male pattern baldness.

To tell you simply it is is due to the hormonal influence of testosterone hormone in ourselves. By the age of 13 years this hormone starts growing of fine hair into coarse hairs. That's why we get beard and mustaches and other coarse hairs. This is due to coarsening of the hair roots.

After the age of 18 to 20 years the same hormone makes thinning of the hair roots on the front and sides of the scalp. This results in baldness from sides and front leading to male pattern baldness.

For the treatment part we suggest Hair regrowing lotion such as Minoxidil and certain peptides. These lotions are one of the mainstay to get regrowth and strenthening of hair roots. You can take guidance regarding the same from your prescribing dermatologist.

You have taken follihair tablet which contains biotin and other important minerals. This needs to be taken regularly as per suggestion of prescribing dermatologist.

A good nourishing diet is very important containing lot of fruits and free vegetables.

Avoid stress and anxiety and have a food daily routine with some work out.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology