Suggest remedies for recurring oral ulcers in an infant

Dr. Deepak Patel

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 5 yrs. old daughter often gets mouth ulcers. The ulcers appear on the inside of cheeks and lips. We have given her multiple courses of B12(Bethadoxin 12), per our Paedritician's prescription. But, the ulcers still seem to flare up every now and then.

What are the vegetarian sources of iron and B12 that can help cure this problem? Or is there any other course of action required?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multivitamin deficiency or decreased immunity

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Can understand your concerns.

Repeated episodes of oral ulcers occurs in multivitamin deficiency, decreased immunity in child, presence of caries in teeth, improper hygiene.

Your doctor has correctly given multivitamin syrup for oral ulcers. But, since they again come back, we have to look for decreased immunity levels in child. You should do complete blood count, immunoglobin essay for immunity.

A visit to dentist to check for Dental caries should be done. Brushing of teeth for maintaining proper hygiene of mouth.

I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak