Suggest remedies for persistent cold and chest congestion

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 in Child Health
Question: My daugther has cold for the past 2 days and I have been giving sinarest. But she is still having nose blocks and by the sound she makes while sleeping I think it is chest congestion. This is the case for the past 2 months. She get better but again falls sick within a week. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try some nasal decongestant, get examined for tonsils

Detailed Answer:

I would like to get her examined for tonsillar enlargement or any nasal polyp/nasal pathology as there is not much improvement with Sinarest (contains decongestant and anti allergic).You may try putting nasal saline drops and local decongestant like Xylometazoline or Oxymetazoline to get the relief.

Also I would like to know if she is allergic to something because if exposure to allergy persists there will not be much improvement.
You may consult an allergist also for proper evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Pradeep Kumar,
Pediatrician, Cardiology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T