Suggest remedies for open-mouth breathing
Hello and thank you for your question.
It sounds like you are having some upper airway obstruction. This is often from congestion caused by allergies or a virus. Try using an antihistamine like loratadine and some nasal saline. If this does not clear it up you would need to see your doctor for prescription medications. A humidifier or some "breathe right" strips may also be helpful to you. It is important to stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding caffeine and alcohol. Take a multivitamin daily. I hope you are feeling better very soon.
To sum up if I rase to the degree need each night my neck start to hurt for strain. But what is so strange about it is if I done lay down I do not have any problem .
I do have congestion to a degree most of the time.
It dose seam to be something in my mouths nasal passage that is the problem.
It may be possible that you have sleep apnea or some other problem. Seeing a ENT physician or getting a sleep study done may help clarify what is going on. I hope you get some relief soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Open mouth breathing causes
- Drugs/medication for open mouth breathing
- Treatment and cure for open mouth breathing
- Management of mouth breathing
- Hear heartbeat mouth breathe
- Symptoms of open mouth breathing
- Mouth breathing and mouth ulcers
- Eczema mouth breathing
- Involuntary mouth breathing causes
- Diagnosis of open mouth breathing