• question-icon

Suggest remedies for memory loss in an elderly person

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am 80, in good health, but having moderate memory and recall problems. What do you recommend?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to involve in activities involving your brain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You possibly are suffering from age related memory loss and brain matter atrophy. It could be an early sign of Alzheimer's. It could be caused by decreased blood flow to the brain or loss of brain cells and many different brain areas can be affected.

Normal age-related memory loss does not prevent you from living a full, productive life. Such changes in memory are generally manageable and do not disrupt your ability to work, live independently or maintain a social life. There is hardly anything that can be done about it. However, you need to ensure a balanced wholesome diet and also need to keep your brain active. Cognitive exercises and learning new stuff like sudoku can help in alleviation of the problem.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha