Suggest remedies for excessive daytime sleepiness

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i am at work talking to my client and i feel as if i cannot keep my eyes open and i seem to fall asleep for a second its extermely scarey cos i dont no if they have noticed i feel like i am not focusing properly while talking as if i am crossing my eyes and uncontroble urge to sleep
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Excessive daytime sleepiness. Get neurological evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

This condition is known as excessive daytime sleepiness and may be related to fatigue or lack of sleep in the last days.

These symptoms also may herald a condition such Narcolepsy, that is the most probable condition related to excessive daytime sleepiness.

It is thought to be a condition related to autoimmune disorders, inheritance also is a possibility.

I suggest you to consult with your Neurologist, to discuss with him about this possible condition as the cause of your concerns and possible treatment ways.

If the condition is confirmed then treatment consists on behavioral adjustments and prescribed medications to promote alertness during the day, antidepressants to adjust sleep disorders during REM phase.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar