question-icon

Suggest remedies for dullness and open pores on skin

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: I always face problems with my face skin
My face skin is dull, has many pores & other issues
I'm 29 & I feel sometimes that I'm 34 because of my face skin
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Intense pulse light sessions; regular sunscreen

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr.Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Image. You main problem seems to be open pores and a few acne scars.

The best option for you would be if you can take Intense Pulse Light (IPL) sessions from a laser clinic. IPL, heats up the dermis and produces immediate tightening and also helps to stimulate synthesis of new collagen in dermis; collagen is lost from the dermis with ageing and causes fine lines wrinkles, dilated pores. The effect therefore would be to reverse ageing by tightening skin and pores and making it more supple and younger looking. New collagen would also improve the appearance of acne scars.
In addition you must also use a broad spectrum sunscreen, throughout the day, specially putdoors, to protect from the photodamaging effects of sun.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist