question-icon

Suggest remedies for concussion injury

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: I have had a series of panic attacks/seizures randomly for the past two-three years. Often my wife has witnessed them but this morning I was downstairs and had an occurrence on our hardwood floor and feel I may have a concussion. I show many of the symptoms described for a concussion. What is the best course of action? I have a Doctor I have been seeing and have a prescription for lorazepam that I take as prescribed. If I take the prescription as prescribed what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You need to visit emergency and get MRI brain done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Having concussion injury or severe fall needs roper evaluation. I request you to see emergency and get MRI done to assess the level of injury and corrective measures as required.

I will prefer to not to take any benzodiazepines before seeing a doctor as it may cause severe CNS depression in backdrop of injury.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist