Suggest remedies for chronic constipation

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: very severe constipation, anything i can do took so far two packet of polyethylene glycol 3350 nf oral solution No movement four 4 days
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
glycerine suppositories or an enema

Detailed Answer:

if you're severely constipated you find relief in either putting glycerine suppositories or an enema into the rectum. The enema is usually more effective but less convenient. If these measures won't help then a nurse may insert a small tube into the intestine much deeper than the enema can get and flush the intestine with a solution that promotes defecation in two ways: by irritating the bowel to move and by increasing the volume (the water content) in the intestine thus making hard stool easier to move towards the exit.

The cause of constipation has to be addressed as well. Constipation of recent onset in particular requires investigation with colonoscopy to exclude serious disorders like cancer.

Increasing the fiber content of your food, your water consumption and physical activity will help your intestines a lot.

Kind Regards!
Follow up: Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 6 minutes later
HI I want to thank you . But please cancel billing after this month. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome!

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome!

Regarding the billing issue, I cannot help. I can only answer medical queries. You've got to contact healthcaremagic for that (the helpdesk I suppose).

Kind Regards!