Suggest medication for persistent vomiting and a paralyzed colon at 15% function

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I've been on linzess since it was made and it's stopped working for me any advice?

I was 22 when it came out I'm 31 now . The XXXXXXX clinic diagnosed me with basically a paralyzed colon it only functions 15%

As we speak in doubles over in the bathroom in so much pain I've been throwing up daily all food because I'm so backed up
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HAve you tried enemas?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I know how uncomfortable you are feeling with such degree of constipation. The best and immediate relief is to get fecal disimpaction through an enema. If this is something you are familiar with, I will recommend one right away. If that is not the case, I will recommend that you use Urgent Care for assistance.

Giving your long history, I will not want to switch drugs in a hurry. I will recommend that your GI review the motility of the colon again. If the colon is so laxed,m surgery to take out the inactive section might be of help should medications fail.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me for more information and clarifications if need be.