Suggest medication for missed periods

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello,
I am writing this about my friend who is 25yrs old Female. Her period is more than one month due.There is no chance of pregnancy.The reason is she is in stress. Even she is having PCOD but not under medication.
Two things I need to know,
1. Is there any way to accelerate period without medicine because she does not want to go to any doctor
2.As a friend I want to help my friend in her stress.Her family is emotionally blackmailing her because she wants to marry a guy of her own choice.And she is always crying and not able to bear all the pains and sometimes talking about finishing life even.Please suggest me How can I help her.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Counseling required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about delayed periods.

I give tablet meprate 10 mg twice a day for 5 days to my patients who have delayed periods. You can use the same. This will help in bringing periods.

It is better for her to get psychiatric counseling to reduce stress levels. Let her also lose weight if she is overweight. This will help in regularizing periods.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 27 minutes later
Thank you Dr.But the problem is she doesnot want to take and medicine and not going to any doctor.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She can wait

Detailed Answer:

She can take the medicines I mentioned. If not wait for periods to start naturally.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN