Suggest medication for cold and fever

Question
I have a terrible cold I let get the best of me and now it's Sunday evening and I'm miserable. Can someone please prescribe some antibiotics and fever reducer
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Taking antibiotics and anti histamines

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems like you have suffered from an acute attack of upper respiratory tract infection which can be viral or bacterial and anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine will help with symptoms alongwith OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen however course of antibiotics like coamoxiclav or azithromycin may be needed.

Meanwhile using steam inhalations and XXXXXXX warm saline water gargles will be beneficial. Avoid cold exposure and keep yourself warm. Avoid oily and greasy foods. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards