question-icon

Suggest medication for chronic urticaria

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: Dear Sir, I am sufferring from CHRONIC URTICARIA from last 5 months. Taken several medicines but could not get releif till date. Only one medicine which is giving me relief is one STERIOD named DEFOLT 30 or STERCOT 30 which I don't want to take as the same is creating other irregularity i.e increase of BP, Cholestrol etc.

regards

XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Omalizumab can be tried

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Omalizumab subcutaneous injections, once a month for 3 months can be adminitered for Chronic urticaria, for long lasting remissions. It is a humanised monoclonal IgG antibody against human IgE. By neutralising IgE it prevents degranulation of mast cells and release of histamine. Histamine is responsible for itching and weal formation that occurs in urticaria. I suggest that you talk to your doctor for the needful.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist