Suggest medication for chronic urticaria
Omalizumab can be tried
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Omalizumab subcutaneous injections, once a month for 3 months can be adminitered for Chronic urticaria, for long lasting remissions. It is a humanised monoclonal IgG antibody against human IgE. By neutralising IgE it prevents degranulation of mast cells and release of histamine. Histamine is responsible for itching and weal formation that occurs in urticaria. I suggest that you talk to your doctor for the needful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic urticaria disability benefits
- I have chronic urticaria please suggest me
- Suggest treatment for flare up of chronic urticaria
- Is chronic urticaria curable desease
- Esophageal pain with chronic urticaria
- Chronic urticaria diet
- Chronic urticaria and esophageal spasm
- Tietze syndrome and chronic urticaria
- How to treat chronic urticaria
- Weight lifting and chronic urticaria
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body