Suggest infection at an incision site after a laprocropic surgery
Apply Mupirocin ointment on the incision site
The incision site appears to be mildly infected with redness and a yellowish discharge. You can apply over the counter Mupirocin ointment.
It is an antibacterial ointment. Apply the ointment to the incision site 3 times daily. If you do not notice any improvement in next 48 hours, follow up with your primary care provider as you may need oral antibiotics.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Infection after appendicitis surgery
- Infection at incision after surgery
- Suggest treatment for infection caused after a hernia surgery
- Infection after fissure surgery
- Septic infection after surgery
- Infection after surgery and stitches
- Infection after mohs surgery
- Staph infection after surgery
- Antibiotics for infection after surgery
- Fungal infection at incision site