Suggest dosage for Suboxone to control opioid withdrawal symptoms

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi I just started Suboxone therapy today. I and trying to give up a painkiller addiction. I waited 24 hours and just took my first dose of 8/2 mg. I feel a little better wanted to know if I could take another half. I started this on my own. My mind is in the right place I'm going to do it. My friend who is kicking a heroine addiction is giving me advice.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do to take another just yet!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Suboxone is advised to be started at lower doses of 4/mg and increased progressively to attain dosages that are able to control the symptoms of opioids withdrawal. Because you have already taken a higher dose than what is recommended, though not toxic, I will say do not take nay further half tablet at this time. stay on this dose for couple of days and only step up if we are not getting the desired results. The legs would get better progressively and we shouldn’t strive to attain the goal in one day.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor, like I said my friend who helped me is recovering from Heroine abuse so that may of been a lower dose for him. Thats why I only took half my first dose waited about 20 minutes then took the other half. I averaged between 60 and on the very high end 100 to 120 daily. It got to the point I liked 80 mg a day. What do you advise going forward in the upcoming days How many Mg and how many times a day. I'm feeling well enough to eat pretty good I just ate dinner and go to the store. Tomorrow morning do I take the whole 8/2 or cut it in half? Also how many times a day. I am very serious about taking my life back going to the gym again and begin on the next chapter of my life.
Thank You Very Much,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
continue with 8/2mg doses daily for at least 1week!

Detailed Answer:

At this time, I will recommend 8/2mg sublingual tablets in one single dose daily for the next 1week. I will ten review and may increase the dosage further is need be.

I wish you well.