Can injecting heroin in the veins of the penis cause internal bleeding?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Drug Abuse
Question: I injected heroin through a vein in my penis. Now my penis looks like blood or bruising is all over my manhood. I know it was a horrible decision and I regret it so much. I'm not in any pain, but concerned if it's bruising or internal bleeding
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,there is bruising in your penis.There is nothing to worry,take antibiotics and pain killer( if pain is there) and do not applied any thing locally.It will take 10-15 days to become normal.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Thank you Doctor! I know it's a stupid thing I did. I am starting suboxone maintenance this weekend.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gradually resolve on its own.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
This will gradually resolve on its own. No need to worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D