Suggest dosage for Rabipur vaccination
My question is regarding rabies antbodies in human after vaccination.
To explain my case i want to tell you history of events.
1) It started in 2006 when one dog licked my leg and i had a small
scartch on my leg, i went to doctor and he said even if you are not sure that
dog licked your wound or notjust be on safer side you can have, 5 Rabipur injections,
i followed his advise and vaccinated myself with 5 rabbies injection.
2)In 2009 again i got 4 or 5 Rabipur injections due to a doubt.
3) 2011 i again vaccinated myself with 2 Rabipur injections.
4) 2012 july last injection i received.
After this till today i have not received any injection.
1) Is that immunity still working against any dog bite, as i heard rabipur course of
5 injections creates long term immunity.
2) Today when i was going to office suddenly 2 dogs passed me and they were barking as i was looking at other end and talking
to someone , i am not sure they touched or scrathed me just to avoid any doubt, can i get 2 Rabipur injection as it is
almost 4 years when i got my last Rabipur injection,due to these two injections, will my body not have any side effects and long term immunity for next 2 years will be created
be created from all small scarthes( not large one).
3) i want to have 2 rabipur injections can i have them.
Please Please reply
I am very confuse and in panic mode
No real need of vaccination...
I'm sorry for the delayed response.
I went through your post with diligence. At the outset you seem to be an anxious personality. And you received multiple doses of rabies vaccination rather haphazardly.
When they say long term vaccination with regards to rabies, it's about 25 years. The effects start declining after 5-10 years. In this case you received preexposure injections 4 years ago with post exposure injections few years before that. In this context you would be sufficiently immunised against any scratches or bites today.
Therefore there is no need to vaccinate again now.
And there is no complications from the vaccinations you received.
Hope this answers your question.
I have few questions, could you please answer them.
1) I got 5 rabipur in november 2006, 5 rabipur injections in XXXXXXX 2009, 2 rabipur injections in February 2011 and 1 rabipur in july 2012, can due to these so many inejection i will have some side effects.
2) Till how long these injections will XXXXXXX me immunity against small scratch and bites ( I know for second and third degree I ll need injections). can you specify approx year like Ex-2020
3) In XXXXXXX do we have test avlaible to check rabies antibodies and what is level which make you immune.
4) Shall i get 1 rabies booster injection after every 5 years to boost my antibodies level and it will not have any side effect.
I am afraid of rabies thats why i got so many injections even when i was not sure about bite,if you confirm me that i have antibodies which can take care small scratch and
bites till next 4-5 years and after how many years gap i should get one booster.
Please help me with above questions
Boosters really not necessary...
I am extremely sorry for the late reply. I was away on a conference and was not linked to the internet.
Without further delay, let me answer your individual questions
1. As I mentioned in my previous, these rabipur vaccines is not known to cause side effects. So I am positive you will not have any problems from those rabipur doses.
2. The vaccines that you had should be able to protect you until 2022. Protection cover starts weaning off thereafter.
3. Rabies antibody estimation is not routinely performed at all centre. However a few centralised laboratory such as national Institute of pathology is suggested to perform this test.
4. You don't seem to have any contacts. You can check antibody status say after 5- 10 years.
Hope your questions are answered.
Please help me with last question.
You said I am immune till 2022, if I get any small bite and scratch till 2020 can I avoid them as I am already immune till 2022.
I appreciate your help
Thank you so much for being so supportive.
Let me tell you, what is problem with me.
I have fear that while doing some outside activity i ll get small scratch and bite which will go unnoticed and lead to rabies, to avoid this i want to immune my body against small scratch and bites, if there is second degree and third degree bite or scratch it can not go unnoticed.
I have no issue with spending 10,000, or 20,000 rupees per year, if i can live peacefully.
Is there any injection which can give lifelong immunity, i can spend whatever amount for it.
If Rabipur has no side effects then, can i get 2 injections now and then after every 2-3 year one booster of rabipur which will keep my Antibodies way above 1:5.
Antibodies test is not available in private labs in my city and in government lab
It there is no side effect of rabipur then can't even without checking antibodies level i can boost that level to safest every 3 years.
Please help me sir, i want to get rid of this fear , which is continuously affecting my personal and professional life , as i do not enjoy my life outside home, as all the time i am very attentive to make sure there is no dog near me and even if it is there i am minimum 2-3 meters away from him, i avoid going to someone house who has dog as pet.
Is there any inject
If these injections are not harmfull
Vaccination every 2 years not the best course of action...
Vaccination every 2 years is infact advised for frequent exposure patients and yes there are no side effects from repeated vaccinations. However as you are a normal person and not frequent exposure individual, repeated vaccination is not the best course of action. Further I am not sure you will over come fear of infection despite repeated booster vaccinations repeatedly as booster vaccination doesn't allow life long immunity.
In the context, I will suggest you consider professional opinion / treatment for anxiety.
Having said that, if you are able to get peace of mind and help you live better, there is no harm in taking booster doses every 2 years.
Hope I am clear. If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rabipur vaccine dietary restrictions
- Rabipur vaccine dosage for immunocompromised patient
- Rabipur vaccination protection for how long
- Anesthesia and rabipur vaccine
- Restriction while rabipur vaccination
- Rabipur vaccine validity
- Dose of rabipur vaccine
- Rabipur vaccine effective for how long
- How long is rabipur vaccinations effective
- Rabipur vaccine expiration after medication