Suggest treatment for feet numbness and black spots on toenail
How do I know if the black color is due to frostbite or a black bruise? If it is frostbite, what should I do?
Mostly Black bruise with nail bed trauma with Subungual Hematoma...
Brief Ans- Mostly Black bruise with nail bed trauma with Subungual Hematoma...
Hi,Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.
Read and reviewed your query facts in context to your health concerns.
Based on the facts of your query, You seem to have Black bruise,caused from avulsed nail and crushed nail bed,which has lead to Subungual hematoma in the crushed tissue of big toe and other toes.
It is definitely not a frost bite injury, as it isn't related to history of black dried foot tissue/or blisters/cracks/edema of the foot.
So dont worry about it being frostbite.
As you don't have other complaints and 3 weeks have passed, you need to wait and watch for the post traumatic subungual hematoma to get resolved naturally in another 3-6 weeks time.
-You may get it excised surgically if it is causing any problems by pain,infection etc .
What You should Do?-
-For this You need consult a Surgeon, who would assess the traumatic damage and would rule out fracture of the toes,from trauma from skiing hit.
-Good Pedicure/ keep parts dry and clean and massaged
-X-ray of the foot to check for any distal tarsal bones of the right big and 2 other toe nails.
-Surgical Drainage-for pain or infection/ or for cosmetic reasons.
Hope this would resolve your query and anxiety with it.
Welcome for any further query in this regard.
Good Day !!
Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Red spots numb feet
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Numb spots on feet
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- How long does Niacin remain in the system?
- Suggest treatment for lump on the penile shaft
- What causes blotchy rashes on calves after walking?
- What causes abdominal bloating when diagnosed with MS and lymphedema?
- Suggest treatment for lumps under the forearms
- Suggest treatment for soreness on the ribs while suffering from...
- Is EVLT procedure advisable when suffering from vericose veins?
- What causes prominent veins in arms, chest and breasts?
- Suggest treatment for upper right abdominal pain
- What causes a swollen lymph on the left side of neck?