question-icon

Suggest dosage and usage of Plavinol

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017
Question: I read about a new dru: PLAVINOL
What is it/ is it any good/ COST
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
about Plavinol;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking on HCM!
I would like to inform you that Plavinol is not a drug, it is a natural supplement containing Mulberry leaf extraxts, ashwagandra root and leaf extract ect. that may improve the blood sugar and lipid profile.
I wouldn't recommend to stop the treatment and substitute it with Plavinol, but she can use it together with the treatment recommended by her physician.
So, keep monitoring the blood sugar while adding Plavinol and reduce the doses of oral antidiabetics if the glucose levels tends to get lowered.
Hope the information will help.
kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist