Suggest dosage and usage of Adderall

Dr. Kumar Ashok

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Drug Abuse
Question: What can you tell me about the drug Adderall?
Answered by Dr. Kumar Ashok 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is racemic mixture of amphetamines

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I read your query and appreciate your curiosity.

Adderall is racemic mixture of amphetamines and used for treatment of ADHD. It also helps in amotivation and distractibility which is quite common in various set of disorders in particular psychiatric disorders. It also helps in forgetfulness arising from inattention.

This is most often prescribed in young children and young adults for treatment of ADHD and inattention. This have high efficacy when it comes to desired effects but at the same time it carries significant addiction potential and should be used with caution among the susceptible individuals.

I hope this answers you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee