Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
200 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest dosage for Vyvanse

Answered by
Dr. Albana Sejdini

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 6520 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: please answer my question by a psychiatrist

what is the most effective way to make my 70mg vyvanse work as well as it did before building up compleat tolerance what are some options and should I switch ADHD medicine since vyvanse stops working 5 1/2 hrs can I lower my tolerance significantly enough by not taking them for a while if so what is a sufficient amount of time and is their anything like supplements to get the most out of the break. what is the best way to tell my new psychiatrist tomorrow without sounding like I'm drug seeking I honestly just have a high tolerance caused by years of bipolar meds and other factors I just don't want her to assume the worst since it's such an issue these days. what do you suggest I hate adderall it triggers my anxiety
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sit down, and tell him all your worries in details and calmly...

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

First, you should sit down and explain your new psychiatrist what you feel especially when you take the medicine.

If I was your caring doctor would ask more frequent follow ups to evaluate the impact of the meds you are currently taking.
In this way, your new psychiatrist would understand better your needs and health situation, so, can change the dose and medications more accurately.

So, do not be afraid to talk to him about your worries. Just sit down, calmly start talking about all your worries and how you feel when taking the meds.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Adhd

doctor1 MD

While on vyvanse, I become dizzy very easily, and tend to black out for a few seconds if I stand up too quickly. My hands lack their original...

doctor1 MD

hi, i dont have any health insurence right now but last time i talked to my docter we were testing my blood for hyperthyriod. i am 99% sure i do...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, who is on 40mg of Vyvanse daily for ADHD by mistake took three pills at once, thinking she was taking her vitamins. She weighs 120...

doctor1 MD

over the past year I have built up a high tolerance to 70mg Vyvanse taken 1 every morning. this past week it has completely stoped working....

doctor1 MD

My son is currently taking atomoxetine 80 mg and serttaline 50 mg and has been experiencing hallucinations and paranoyia. He went to the ER last...