Suggest diet plan for a diabetic with high BP and hypothyroidism
you can pick one from corn, boiled beans fresh salad , brown bread.
Welcome at HCM..
I have gone through your query and being your physician i completely understands your health concerns.
For how long you are having diabetes? Are you using only METFORMIN ? Any other drug you are using for diabetes? What is your body weight? Are you physically active?
As far as controlling blood sugar is concerned , it requires a combined approach . The patient should be counseled about the diet, role of physical activity and medicine. In the given scenario, if i am your attending physician i will definitely add another agent along with METFORMIN , either SITAGLIPTIN or GLICLAZIDE.
Insulin is very good option if blood sugar levels are not getting controlled despite oral hypoglycemic therapy. I will encourage you to engage in physical activity too , since exercising muscles do not need insulin to utilize glucose.
Right now you can eat Corn, boiled beans, fresh salad , brown bread but only in moderation . You can pick anyone form it. Apart from it, 15 mins walk will help you lower your blood sugar .
Stay calm and continue with your medications . Do discuss with your attending doctor regarding the addition of another drug or insulin therapy.
Hope your query is adequately addressed, if you still have any feel free to ask.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder surgery diabetic hypothyroidism high bp serious
- Diet and medication for high bp
- High bp on xylantan and flonase healthy diet suggestion
- Suggest me diet or exercise to lower high bp
- High bp diet
- Diabetic high bp suggest a diet plan
- On high bp medicine i am overweight suggest diet plans
- Diabetes high bp gas diet suggestions
- Is there a diet for high bp ailments
- Diet for prevention of high bp