Suggest diet for a 6 months old baby

Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 1 Apr 2014 in Child Health
Question: hello doc,i have a 6 months old female baby can u please help me out for a diet of my baby like what she should take in throught the day,how it should be taken etc.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: please see below. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. It is time for complementary feeding. Start with dal water and boiled rice water 1 to 2 spoons . Most important is to imtroduce one thing at a time and repeat it for 5 to 7 days before introducing second one.,to help identify possible allergies or food intolerance. Gradually you can introduce single grain baby food like cerelac. After this single fruit.like banana,boiled XXXXXXX Then khichidi,mashed potato,boiled vegetables. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 4 hours later
-for how many years should i follow the above type of diet -all of The above diet should be given in single day or i should give in phased manner like 1st day i will start with dal water and rice water then next day cerelac. -can all the above diet be given any time or is there any thing like some food should be given in morning or afternoon or night.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 7 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Start woth 1 to 2 spoons of dal and rice water for 1 week.After that imtroduce cetelac 1 to 2 spoons. After few more days start mashed banana. As I already mentioned give same thing for 5 to 7 days preferably at same time . Gradually introduce new food items as I mentioned. In next couple of months she should take one serving of fruit,khichidi,mashed vegetables in addition to milk. Hope this helps. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 hours later
is it necessary to give mothers milk now also or can i give the packed milk from outside
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks again. Mother milk is the best option if possible along with complementary feeding. Second option will be formula milk. Cows milk is to be introduced after one year of age. Hope this helps. Take care...
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 23 hours later
is the body temparature of a baby is same as an adult i will keep her clothings accordingly i live in north india
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi. Detailed Answer: Thanks again. Yes normal range of body temperature is same as adults 97 to 100F. Keep clothes according to climate. Take care.