Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest cure for severe ankle pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
For the last couple of weeks , I am feeling sever pain at my both the ankles. Sometimes unable to walk even.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 14 hours later
Brief Answer: you need evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Having severe pain in both ankles to the extent of being unable to walk is a serious concern. I strongly feel there may be a calcium or Vitamin D3 Deficiency in you. I would suggest you to get your serum calcium and Vitamin D 3 levels checked and report back to me. In the meantime, you can start yourself on calcium supplements like Shelcal- HD on a daily basis. Consume a glass of milk daily. For time being, you can take pain killers like Brufen or crocin to get rid of the pain. Write back for more discussion on this. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor