Suggest an alternative to Econaderm for fungal infection on nail

Question
Hi. I am using econaderm solution for a fungus I had under my toe nail. It was prescribed for me by a doctor in Jamaica, and I got enough solution for one year. My nail is healthy and almost fully grown out, but I need more solution - one bottle should see me though. It was by prescription, so I am not sure I can purchase it OTC. If not, is there an alternative medication I could use? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Alternative anti fungal creams.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Econaderm is not over the counter solution.You can take it with your local doctor prescription.
You have mentioned your nail is healthy and almost fully grown out but follow up with doctor is key part of your treatment and to know whether nail infection completely healed or not by examine the nail.

However Here I am giving some of Over the counter anti fungal creams which may be available as lotion.
1. Lamisil AT(terbinafine)
2.Micatin( miconazole)
3.Lotrimin AF( clotrimazole)

Before applying lotion you need wash wash your feet thoroughly and dry your feet then apply anti fungal creams directly to nail.Since your nail is healthy and almost fully grown out you can apply it twice a week to prevent further infection for one year.
Keep your feet dry.

You can check with a pharmacist about these creams.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.