Suggest alternative drug of Klonopin for anxiety and depression

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I am currently-and have been for 20 years- on the brand name drug KLONOPIN..I have felt great success with it for my anxiety and depression. I can not locate any in my city as the manufacturer is not making it again until October. I have 1 drug store holding a month's supply for me until Aug 11th, which will take me to early Sept. From mid September to their Oct. release date, I need help locating the drug. I tried alot of antidepressants, etc. before I finally found klonopin ( nothing worked. ) I was hospitalized twice for anorexia and depression until having success w/ this drug. I have been calling drug stores throughtout
my area, to no avail. Please, can you help me find the drug to take me thru' to the new release date.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are other brands and generic available

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

I am sorry that you are facing supply issue of Klonopin.

As per my knowledge,other brand is available in your home country with brand name of Rivotril from Roche laboratories. You can check with your pharmacy whether this is available with them. I like to tell you that both of these brands contain a benzodiazepine known as clonazepam. Both of them have similar efficacy and action so it can be hoped that rivotril will be as helpful as Klonopin for you. It is also advisable to check for generic version of clonazepam at your local pharmacy.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 22 minutes later
I NEED TO HAVE HELP FINDING KLONOPIN!!! what do you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to enquire for Rivotril or generic one

Detailed Answer:

I think only the pharmaceutical company (Roche) may be give you this information if its marketing this drug to a pharmacy store. However as per my latest information they are in manufacturing back order for the past few months. Therefore I am not sure you will get it supplied at any pharmacy stores. Since you need this drug in bulk to cover you for months, I don't think a druggist will be able to provide when its out of stock.

Therefore in this context my suggestion is to try the second drug - rivotril. It's manufactured by the same pharmacy (Roche). Discuss with treating doctor.

"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health".
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist