Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest a medicine without any side effect to increase height and reduce weight

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting query to this forum,

I can understand your concern about your height and weight, please understand height depends on genetic factors, diet and exercise. There is no evidence that medical drugs can increase height in an individual above 25 years of age. Since the growing plates of bones fuse at the age of 22 to 25 years in boys, none of the drugs can increase height.

Yes, if you are overweight then you can reduce calories and fats and do aerobic exercises to reduce weight. With this a proper diet and exercise, you should be able to lose weight. If necessary there are few medicines for reducing weight like Orlistat which may be taken only after consulting Physician if required.

Hope this information helps you. I will be available for clarifications if needed.

Dr Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest a medicine without any side effect to increase height and reduce weight 1 hour later
Hi Dr. Akhilesh,

Thanks for sharing the above information. But there are many medicines & advertisements are seen guaranteeing height increase till the age of 32, so is it feasible to intake that if it is herbal product. For your kind reference I am hereby attaching the site add WWW.WWWW.WW Moreover please do let me know what are the consequences if I take Orlistat for reducing my weight. My current weight is 85 kgs. PLz do suggest.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your follow up.

Your weight is 85 kg so you are overweight and you do need to lose weight.

As I have explained growing plates fuse around age of 25, it is possible to add few inches by stretching exercise but other tall claims may not be true.

Some of the products contain amino acids, which may increase growth hormone level.They are just dietary supplements.

If you take care of diet taking 1600 Kcal diet and increasing your physical exercise and have patience gradually lose weight have small targets like 1 kg every month it is important to sustain it.

Orlistat prevents absorption of fats in diet; it helps to lose weight for which you have to consult Physician.

Please have determination, set goal for yourself, then one can reach his goal.

Hope this helps you. Please revert if you have any further query.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor