Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering with teeth sensitivity, especially with cold beverages and lemons. Cannot eat solid foods. suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
Good evening doctor
This is XXXXXX...I have been suffering with my teeth (sensitivity) for the past several years. Till last year if I eat lemon or if I drink cold beverages, i had a problem, but for the past two months it became severe...I am not able to eat any hard things, I am getting pain.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to ask you whether you have sensitivity in a single tooth or all teeth?
If its localized to 1 or 2 teeth then it might be a case of irreversible pulpitis that means tooth decay has progressed till pulp & it requires root canal treatment.

In case it is generalized & you experience sensitivity in all teeth then I would suggest that you use Sensodent-KF toothpaste twice a day & leave it on teeth for 5 minutes before rinsing with water.

If problem still persists then you may go for capping or veneering of teeth.

For getting proper treatment plan you need to go for complete dental check-up by your dentist.

Hope I answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering with teeth sensitivity, especially with cold beverages and lemons. Cannot eat solid foods. suggest? 26 minutes later
Thank you doctor for knee-jerk reply.

Doctor, can you send your address so that I will come for consultation.

Once again, thank you so much, doctor.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 11 minutes later
You are most welcome.

If you have any problem in future,you can consult me on same website.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor