Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suffering from diffuse scelorderma. Have problem in swallowing. How to improve the situation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
my mother has diffuse scelorderma, from last 7 years. and now at bed on oxygen, not eating n drinking anything from last 6 days, blood samples has showed jaundice. having problem in swallowing food n water too.
please suggest me how we can improve her food pipe syndrome?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 6 hours later

Thank you for your query. I can understand your mother's condition.

Since your mother is suffering from scleroderma and not eating or drinking for the past 6 days she must be dehydrated. Jaundice is only one part of it. I suggest that you consult your doctor and get her hospitalized so that she is re-hydrated and investigated for the problem in her food pipe. She may require an endoscopic examination to know the exact condition of the food pipe.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or share further information on this problem.

Wishing your mother all the best...


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor