Suffering from cold, cough, stomach ache and diarrhea. Took nutrolin-B. Proper cure?

Dr. Kaushik K Murthy

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Question: hello doctor this is XXXXXXX here my daughter now its 4 months running from sunday here stools are very water type i had put nutrolin-B but also its the same way from yesterday night frm 2 o clk night she had stomatch pain again her stools were waterish n bcoz of excess of heat she has sever cold n cough with lots of kafa if she drinks milk she ill vomite
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 21 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX, thanks for writing to us. I went through your query, i feel that your child may have a gastroenteritis i.e infection of the intestines / or the child may be having lactose intolerance which is transient, i.e intolerance towards lactose present in the mothers milk. Regarding the cold and cough, your child might be having an upper respiratory tract infection , may be viral cause in nature. My suggestion is please do not self medicate the child, have a pediatrician to get the child examined and the medicines to be started in a proper line. Meanwhile keep a watch on the hydration status of the child , watch for breathing difficulties in the child , get a stool examination done for stool routine and stools for reducing substances in the nearby laboratory. Review with your pediatrician. In the query , you have not specifically asked for any particular question, you have told all the symptoms the child is facing currently. So i once again suggest you to get your child examined by a pediatrician. Thank you , hope i have answered your query. Kindly review with us, regards.