Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from Factor V Leiden. Suggest

Answered by
Dr. Gaurav Nigam


Practicing since :2009

Answered : 287 Questions

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: I have a friend who is having Factor Five Issues, It's a blood clotting thing... m not sure on the details and I've never asked.. But I do know that his medication helps to thin out the blood and keeps it from sending clots to his lungs, heat, and brain.. It's kept him alive all his life. He was born with this condition. Please we need help, his doctor isn't at the clinic anymore and he can't see to find one where he's at because of the pain medication he's on.. Isthere anything you can sugest or do???
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Greetings. Detailed Answer: Greetings, As I have learnt from the history, your friend has factor 5 deficiency. Its also called as owrens disease or parahemophilia. Now, the big question in your friends case is what are his factor 5 values. In general the deficiency is mostly mild and warrants only precautionary measures. We talk about measures that has to be taken during sporting events, strenuous exercises or with an occupation related injuries. DDAVP nasal spray can be given at the time of need if his doctor advices. But in most cases, such treatments are rarely required in isolated factor 5 deficiency since it is mostly mild. In brief, if his factor 5 values is not grossly abnormal, he doesn't need specific treatment. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Gaurav Nigam 17 hours later
he's needing a new doctor, not health advice. he was born with this so he knows what he is ding as far as information. But he's looking for a new "Main" Care Provider to see. We can't seem to find someone to help him with his "unique" blood problems, mixed with his back.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Nigam 3 days later
Brief Answer: Details Detailed Answer: Hi, I tried to search for related specialists for your friend's condition. Though are far from XXXXXXX Lakes but he has to find a new Hematologist. Dr. XXXXXXX A. Rado, MD and Dr. Iyad S. Hamarneh, MD Hematology, XXXXXXX Medicine, Oncology 7360 W Deschutes Ave, Kennewick, WA 0000 Dr. XXXXXXX E. XXXXXXX MD Hematology, Oncology 808 N 39th Ave, Yakima, WA 0000 Thank you for the long wait.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Desmopressin

doctor1 MD

Why have my nails and hair become curly? I have had a thyroidectomy and removal of a supracellar tumor in the past 4 years. I have catemenial epilepsy, take levoxil, keppra, zonegran, dilantin, desmopressin (for diabetes insipidis), tenormin, calcium and vitamin d.

doctor1 MD

i'm having severe heart burn feel and my doctor recommended me to take Ganaton total before food daily 2 times. but, i'm worried about my other medicines like desmopressin acetate and hydrocortisone. is it ok for me to take Ganaton along with these medicines and also suggest me when to take Ganaton i.e., with or without food????

doctor1 MD

I havea 9 yr old girlk foster child in my home. She is having really bad gas. She is ADHD, RAD and I dont know what else. But she is on the flooiwing meds. Are any of these meds causing her stomach issues.. she said her stomach hurts some times....

doctor1 MD

My daughter is 11 years old. She does bed wetting almost every other day. We tried to develop a bed clock . We had taken treatment from Homeopathic , but it did not cured her problem. Can you please suggest us what to do ?

doctor1 MD

Dr. XXXXXXX My kid is 5 yrs old and she is suffering from Tonsils for quite some time. Dr. Adviced me to give her LC Montair KID daily evening and Meta Spray before going to bed for past 5 months. Is it safe to use it for such a long time....

doctor1 MD

I have von willebrand's disease and currently over seas bc of my husband being in the military. the doctors on base do not know much a bout my disorder and can not help me get it back under control. I use to take nasal spray stimate at home until i had a bad reaction and ended up in the hospital. I also you to get treatments of ddavp. after having a reaction my doctors advised me not to be alone is there way i can get imformation to them stating that its not safe for me to be alone?

doctor1 MD

My daughter (25) has hypopituitarism due to surgery removal of tumor. Last May 2013 she started having nausea for 2-3 days followed by vomiting and trips to the hospital. She takes synthroid, hydrocortisone, vimpat, lamictal, desmopressin, and trivora. Her doctor finally lowered her vimpat late November but she was recently in the hospital again. Is the vimpat or her other medications causing this?