Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suffering from ADHD and panic disoredr. Doctor declined to refill medication. What can be done?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
My fiance's physician has retired and the practice is refusing to keep him on as a patient or refill his medications for ADHD and panic disorder - conditions he has been medicated for since 1995 and still suffers from at 38 years old. He is suffering and so am I. He has been sleeping for days and the doctors refuse to refill his prescriptions or speak to me about them. What can I do to help him?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query,

The truth is that if you went to a doctor and asked him to refill a prescription ordered by anothwr doctor most will shun away. What I will suggest is that, since the the problem is a paychiatric disorder, you should book an appointment with a psychiatrist so that he can be reevaluated peoperly and ones he/she reaches the conclusion that he is still suffering from ADHD they will normally have to give him a prescriprion to treat the condition.
Normally a doctor will have to attend to you somehow and find out if hisband still suffering from same condition or not and provide best management plan.

Best wishes and hope i was helpful.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor