Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Stung by a bee and then vomited. Should I go for medical check up?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
My nephew was stung by a bee and then vomitted... no other reactions... can breath swallow talk etc...
Should he see a Dr.?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 36 minutes later
Hey there.
Did your nephew have a similar issue earlier?
If you have any antihistamine (avil/atarax) give him a dose of the same immediately.
Ensure that the 'sting' is 'removed' with a tweezer completely & apply a dollop of a cortisone ointment on the spot.
If he is fine, unlikely to need a doctor but should you need one, ensure you can get to an ER quick & give him a shot of 1/2 ampoule 100mg hydrocortisone if any symptoms of distress appear in the next couple of hours in view of his history of past asthma/allergies. & possibly a nebulisation should any breathing difficulties occur.
Else continue with the barbeque of whatever the child was happily engaged in!
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor