Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Spongy bump on penis shaft. What can be this ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12703 Questions
hello. my husband has a spongy bump on his penis shaft. what could it be?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
A spongy bump on the penis shaft can be due to a penile lymphocele.
Penile lymphocele is the collection of lymph near the tip of penis specially after masturbation or having sex. Usually it happens when there is a problem in the drainage of lymph in that area. It is a harmless and self limiting.

To get rid of it, whenever it appears, just by putting a mild to moderate pressure on the swelling gradually will reduce the problem. To get rid of it permanently, you can avoid having sex or masturbation for 4-6 weeks.

There is no medicine which can prevent its appearance.
You can consult your urologist how to apply pressure on it safely.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor