So I have itching around my vulva area, I've had
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Itching is a common symptom of a vaginal infection, most likely a yeast infection but trichomonas and bacterial vaginosis (BV) can also cause itching. Sometimes this is without any visible discharge. The pain with sex is also likely because of irritation from the infection. I would suggest being evaluated to see if there is any discharge inside the vagina, and test it if they can. They can then give you the right treatment. Alternatively, you could try using an anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole over the counter to see if that helps with your symptoms. But if that doesn't work you will probably need to be evaluated.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I'd be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining