Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

So I have itching around my vulva area, I've had

Answered by
Dr. Aaron Branch

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 380 Questions

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: So I have itching around my vulva area, I've had it for the last 2 weeks... I had sex (protected sex) the condom had no lube, the sex was also painful because of how big he was width wise. What could be the issue?
Answered by Dr. Aaron Branch 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely vaginitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Itching is a common symptom of a vaginal infection, most likely a yeast infection but trichomonas and bacterial vaginosis (BV) can also cause itching. Sometimes this is without any visible discharge. The pain with sex is also likely because of irritation from the infection. I would suggest being evaluated to see if there is any discharge inside the vagina, and test it if they can. They can then give you the right treatment. Alternatively, you could try using an anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole over the counter to see if that helps with your symptoms. But if that doesn't work you will probably need to be evaluated.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions about that and I'd be glad to discuss it further with you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on