Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Slipped and twisted leg. Heard a crack sound and getting pain. What should I do?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
i slipped on some water a month ago, and twisted my leg up to the hip connection and heard a crack and was really painful. now it snaps, cracks, creaks, and hurts when i stand, walk, sit, or anything. what do you think i should do? it hurts just sitting on my couch typing this. if i sit too long it seems to hurt worse just to get up and makes me kinda bend over. right now its kind of a burning painful thing right on my right front side hip
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

From description, it seems soft tissue injury or ligament injury at the hip joint. This is an important joint and the healing is really bad if prompt opinion not taken from the expert. You may need important investigations like Xray and MRI of the joint.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination.

Meanwhile I advice you but do not rely on these home care treatment without specialist's consult:
Hot fometation to the affected area.
Avoid putting weight and rest well.
You can take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to reduce inflammation and pain under supervision of your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor