Owl Image

Sleeplessness, chemical taste in mouth, pain and tightness in abdomen. Looking for cure

Gastroenterologist
Question
i am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX my abdomen is always distended and tight. also i feel pain in upper abdomen and i am suffering from sleeplessness and

Feeling a chemical taste on my tongue since a month.
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

You are having dyspeptic symptoms. Ulcer disease is a possibility. An upper GI endoscopy may be done for evaluation.

A clinical examination and ultrasound scan of the abdomen should also be done to rule out other causes of abdominal distension like fluid accumulation.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Sleeplessness, chemical taste in mouth, pain and tightness in abdomen. Looking for cure 15 hours later
i have cough also and catch cold very frequently. what is the cause of sleeplessness. also i feel cramps in upper abdomen and sometimes between upper and lower back.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 minutes later
Frequent cough and cold could be due to either infections or allergy. A complete blood count may be done for evaluation.

Sleeplessness could be due to umpteen number of causes which include stress, anxiety, depression , intake of coffee, alcohol and medical conditions like acid reflux disease.

If you have stress/anxiety/depression, it may be responsible for your sleeplessness and the cramps back and abdomen and a counseling session would be helpful.

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini