Sleep apnea, tired after sleeping with cpap machine. Remedy?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Question: tired after sleeping with a cpap machine...have sleep apnea
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

I first would like to know how long you have been using this machine. If you have been using the machine for next ended. Of time it may be that you need to have the settings adjusted.

Also there are several different types of masks which can be worn with these machines now. If the mask that you are using is somehow not allowing you to get restful sleep you could ask a medical supply store to evaluate you for a mask which fits better and is more comfortable.

If you are not feeling well after using the machine this is something I think needs to be evaluated.

Thanks again for cementing a question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert