Sir my mother hba1c is 6.4 . But her nose

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Sir my mother hba1c is 6.4 . But her nose is bleeding three gour drop blood and her nose is having burning sensation from inside. Her current bp is 161/86. Does this happen of bp or ingection? Please help.her age is 56.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. Your mother is hypertensive i.e she is having high blood pressure and

Detailed Answer:
Hii. Your mother is hypertensive i.e she is having high blood pressure and her HbAic is more. She is diabetic also. Hypertension is a major cause of nose bleeding. Please consult a physician for control of blood pressure and blood sugar. Nose bleeding can also take place due to dry weather, allergic rhinitis or any nasal infection. Start some nasivion and nasoclear nose drop to stop bleeding. If bleeding is less then continue drop and control blood pressure. If bleeding occurs again or there is severe bleeding then you may need to consult an ENT surgeon for nasal endoscopy. Review if any queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana