Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Shows signs of dementia. Feels strange and forget things. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 1561 Questions
how can I get my wife to the doctors? she seems to show signs of dementia.She is 62,cannot have a conversation, says really strange things, forgets things(like leaving the stove on) Please help. (e-mail- YYYY@YYYY Thank You

Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later

Thank your for the query.

1. You can call ambulance or can use personal vehicle to hospital. If she is ambulatory you can discuss with her and take assistance from other person to take her to hospital.

2. Since your wife has and says strange things this need to be evaluated. Get done one MRI brain, EEG (electroencephalogram) with this we can come to know any visible structural deficits / pathology. Neurological examination and Hormone levels like TSH with the other basic blood investigation should be done to diagnose and manage.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your neurologist for further management. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor