Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Should i be concerned with my allergic reactions to shrimp?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14833 Questions
I have problems with eating shrimp, sometime happen and not happen. allergies, little bums on my skin but goes away one questions is minor thing or stop eat shrimps?
Posted Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: consider allergy testing Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic It would best to avoid shrimp till you can conclusively determine if you are allergic. Sensitisation is the process where a person essentially becomes progressively more allergic to a particular stimulus. Normally there would be a gradual increase in the response seen but everyone is different. You should consider an allergy test. This can be a blood test or a skin test. Your GP can do the blood tests and send it to a lab but if you prefer skin prick testing this would have to done by either a dermatologist or an allergist. These tests , either one, would be able to conclusively tell you whether you are allergic to shrimp. IF you are unable to do either of these tests in the near future then it would be best to avoid shrimp because this is one of the foods that can be associated with a severe allergic response. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor