Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Should I continue giving ORS for my child suffering from mild fever? What should kind of food can I give her?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
My 20 months daughter (10 Kg) she was having some gastric problem/bloating in the morning. From afternoon she was having mild fever so in the evening we gave 1.2 ml crocin drops. But 1.5 hours after the dosage of crocin she just vomited 3 times and thus we gave her 1.2 ml of emeset. The fever has subsided now. After the dosage of emset we gave her 3 -4 sips of home made ORS solution in intervals of 20 minutes. She has slept now. She didn't have anything substantial since lunch. Should we continue with ORS Through out the night. If yes what measures. If fever occurs again should we give her crocin. What should be her food pattern in the morning
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Keep on giving oral rehydration fluids sip by sip. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. You can continue to give sips of oral rehydration solutions such as Pedialyte and Home made ORS. The measurement is 50 to 100 ml after each vomiting and in between also keep on giving sips of ORS. Monitor her hydration status by activity, skin turgor, urine output, and moisture of tongue and oral cavity. You should give Crocin drops every 6th or 8th hourly depending on the presence of fever. Give her very soft diet in the morning such as rice, idly. And consult the pediatrician for clinical examination to assess her general condition, hydration status and to prescribe specific medication. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor